The League of Women Voters is a highly-respected, non-partisan grassroots organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. We work to keep our democracy healthy and vibrant through many activities:
- Sponsor forums, meetings, and workshops about issues of concern to our communities, state, and nation.
- Hold candidate forums before elections for city, school and state legislative offices.
- Develop and distribute information pieces to help community members stay connected (e.g., the brochure “Participate in Your Government”).
- Assist with voter registration in our communities and at naturalization ceremonies.
- Educate ourselves and other voters about public policy and upcoming ballot issues and facilitate dialogue with legislative, Metropolitan Council, city, and county office holders.
- Advocacy on multiple issues such as campaign finance reform, housing, health care, clean environment, privacy in reproductive choice, voting rights.
As a member of the League:
- You have access to member sections of the national and state League websites (www.LWVUS.org and www.LWVMN.org) other study materials, receive periodic communications and updates, and support state and national activities.
- Members at all dues levels receive our local LWV newsletter.
- All members have the opportunity to be a part of League’s studies and consensus decision-making on issues.
Your membership will strengthen the League’s voice.
Every new member makes the League more effective in influencing public policy.